Terms and Conditions
Orthinc LTD (“Orthinc”/“We”/”Us”/“Our”) owns and operates the website located at https://www.orthinc.com/ (“website”), and any subdomains used in connection with or related to the same, and the orthinc mobile application (the “app”). These terms of service apply to all users of the website, including users who upload any materials to the website, users who use services provided through this website, users who download the app and users who simply view the content on or available through this website.
By using this website and/or the app you indicate your acceptance of these terms of service. If you do not accept these terms of service, then do not use the app or this website or any of their content or services. These terms of service may be amended or updated by Orthinc from time to time without notice and the terms of service may have changed since your last visit to this website. It is your responsibility to review these terms of service for any changes. Your use after any amendments or updates of these terms of service shall signify your assent to and acceptance of such revised terms. Any new features that may be added to this website from time to time will be subject to these terms of service, unless stated otherwise. You should visit this page periodically to review these terms of service.
If you are accepting these terms of service on behalf of a corporation or other entity, you represent and warrant that you have the necessary right and authority to enter into these terms of service on behalf such corporation or entity and to bind such corporation or entity to these terms of service.
- Fees, Payments, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading. Information on the current fees for users who are registered for the Services can be found in the pricing section of this website. If you are a new User or prospective User of the Service and would like more information about our pricing models and products, please see our pricing page, located at https://orthinc.com/pricing/. A valid credit card is required for paying accounts. If you sign up for a monthly paid account, and you don’t cancel that account before the end of any provided trial period, you will be billed starting on the first day following the trial period. If you cancel prior to the processing of your first invoice (i.e. up to and including the last day of your free trial), your access to the Services will terminate, and your credit card will not be charged. The Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your account will remain open until the end of the then-current billing cycle, after which the cancellation will take effect and you will not be charged for the next month or be able to access your account. Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 7 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided by email or through an in-App notification.
- Content. All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted to the Website and App by viewers or users (“User Content”), is the sole responsibility of such viewers or users. This means that the viewer or user, and not Orthinc, are entirely responsible for all such material uploaded, posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available by using the Service. Orthinc does not control or actively monitor User Content and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. Users acknowledge that by using the Service, they may be exposed to materials that are offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Orthinc be liable in any way for any materials, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any materials or any defects or errors in any printing or manufacturing, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the viewing or use of any materials posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
Restrictions on User Content and Use of the Service.
Orthinc reserves the right at all times (but will have no obligation)
to remove or refuse to distribute any User Content and to terminate
users or reclaim usernames. We also reserve the right to access, read,
preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is
necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process
or governmental request, (ii) enforce these Terms of Service,
including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect,
prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues,
(iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights,
property or safety of our users and the public. In using the Website,
App and/or Service You shall not:
upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially or ethnically objectionable, encourages criminal behavior, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise objectionable;
- You do not have a right to make available under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party (including privacy rights);
- use communication features of the Service (or other functionality made available through the Service) to transmit unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations for business, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or data or the Website or that of any users or viewers of the Website or that compromises a user’s privacy; or
- contains any falsehoods or misrepresentations or create an impression that You know is incorrect, misleading, or deceptive, or any material that could damage or harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent their affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted to or through the Website or impersonate another person or organization;
- interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation;
- license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Website or App; or
- modify, translate, make derivative works of, disassemble, duplicate, adapt, hack, decompile, reverse compile, modify or reverse engineer any part of the App or any software provided as part of the Service or to falsely imply that another website is associated with the Service, Orthinc or any other Orthinc service, except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly permitted by applicable law. You also agree not to access the Website or App in a manner that utilizes the resources of the Website or App more heavily than would be the case for an individual person using a conventional web browser. If your bandwidth usage exceeds reasonable levels, or significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by Orthinc) of other Orthinc customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account and/or throttle your usage until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption. Notwithstanding the foregoing, operators of public search engines may use spiders or other bots for the purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials on this Website.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that:
- End User License. Except for User Content, the App, this Website, and the information and materials contained therein, are the property of Orthinc and its licensors, and are protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by copyright law, trademark law, and other intellectual property laws. Subject to these Terms of Service, Orthinc grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, license to (a) use the Website for your use, and (b) download, install and use the App on a mobile device that you own or control for your use (the “License”). The App is licensed to you and not sold. Nothing in the Terms of Service gives you a right to use the Orthinc names, trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features without our prior written consent. You shall not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules or restrictions on the Website. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Website or App shall be subject to the terms of these Terms of Service.
- Feedback. If You provide Orthinc with any suggestions, comments or other feedback relating to any aspect of the Website, App and/or Service (“Feedback“), Orthinc may use such Feedback in the Website, App, Service and/or in any other Orthinc products or services. Accordingly, You agree that: (a) Orthinc is not subject to any confidentiality obligations in respect to the Feedback, (b) the Feedback is not confidential or proprietary information of You or any third party and You have all of the necessary rights to disclose the Feedback to Orthinc, (c) Orthinc (including all of its successors and assigns and any successors and assigns of any of the Orthinc Offerings) may freely use, reproduce, publicize, license, distribute, and otherwise commercialize Feedback, and (d) You are not entitled to receive any compensation or re-imbursement of any kind in respect of the Feedback.
- Links & Third-Party Websites and Integrations. The Website and App (including User Content) may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by Orthinc or may make it possible for you to elect to use third party services with the Service where such third party service providers have integrated with the Service (“Third Party Integration Partners”). In no event shall any reference to any third party, third party product or service be construed as an approval or endorsement by Orthinc of that third party, third party product or service. Orthinc is also not responsible for the content of any linked websites or for the delivery of any product or service offered by third parties including Third Party Integration Partners. In order to receive access to a Third Party Integration Partner’s products or services, you will need, in most cases, to sign-up directly with the Third Party Integration Partner. For certain services offered by Third Party Integration Partners, you will be required to pay a fee to Orthinc to turn on the third party service. Any third-party websites or services (including those offered by Third Party Integration Partners) are subject to the terms and conditions of those websites and or services and You are responsible for determining those terms and conditions and complying with them. The presence of a link to any other website(s) does not imply that Orthinc endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such websites, and You hereby release Orthinc from all liability and/damages that may arise from Your use of such websites or receipt of services from any such websites. While Orthinc does not prohibit linking to third party websites and content, it does not wish to be linked to or from any third-party web site which contains, posts or transmits any of the prohibited content stated in these Terms of Service. Orthinc reserves the right to prohibit or remove (or require You to remove) any link to the Website, including, without limitation, any link which contains or makes available any content or information of the foregoing nature, at any time.
- Disclaimer of representations, warranties and conditions. The website, service, app and all materials provided therein are provided “as is” and Orthinc does not warrant that the services will meet your specific requirements, that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that results obtained from use of the service will be accurate or reliable or that any errors in the service will be corrected. In addition, Orthinc specifically disclaims all representations, warranties and conditions, either express, implied, statutory, by usage of trade, course of dealing or otherwise including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, title, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Any information or material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system, loss of data, or any other loss that results from downloading or using any such material. Orthinc does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, provide any conditions or representations, or assume any responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by any third party through the website or in respect to any website that can be reached from a link on the website or featured in any banner or other advertising on the website, and Orthinc shall not be a party to any transaction that you may enter into with any such third party. Orthinc will not be liable for any type of content exchanged by means of the service.
- Limitation of liability. Under no circumstances shall Orthinc be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or other damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, any damages that result from (i) your use of or your inability to use this website, app or the service, (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods, data, information or services, (iii) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies in the materials on the website, (iv) personal injury or property damage of any kind whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of the service, any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or any other files or data that may be harmful to computer or communication equipment or data that may have been transmitted to or through the website or app, or (v) any errors or omissions in any material on the website or any other loss or damage of any kind arising from or relating to your use of the website. These limitations shall apply even if Orthinc has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Indemnification. You shall indemnify and hold Orthinc and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees, harmless from all claims, actions, proceedings, demands, damages, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), incurred in connection with any materials submitted, posted, transmitted or made available by you through the service and/or any violation by you of these terms of service, the rights of any third party, or any applicable law or regulation.
- Termination. You are solely responsible for properly cancelling your account. You can cancel your account at any time by calling us and notifying us of your desire to cancel your account. Orthinc may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate Your ability to access the Website or App or portions thereof. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to,(a) breaches or violations of these Terms of Service or any other agreement that You may have with Orthinc (including, without limitation, non-payment of any fees owed in connection with the website or otherwise owed by You to Orthinc), (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by the Account Owner, (d) discontinuance or material modification to the website (or any part thereof), (e) unexpected technical, security or legal issues or problems, and/or (f) participation by You, directly or indirectly, in fraudulent or illegal activities; or (g) verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Orthinc customer, employee, member or officer will result in immediate termination of Your account. Termination of Your access to the Website or App may also include removal of some or all of the materials uploaded by You. You acknowledge and agree that all terminations may be made by Orthinc in its sole discretion and that Orthinc shall not be liable to You or any third-party for any termination of Your access to the Website or App or for the removal of any of the materials uploaded by You to the Website. Any termination of these Terms of Service by Orthinc shall be in addition to any and all other rights and remedies that Orthinc may have.
- Availability & Updates. Orthinc may alter, suspend, or discontinue the Website, App and/or Service at any time and for any reason or no reason, but will endeavor to provide notice of the same. The Website, App and/or Service may be unavailable from time to time due to maintenance or malfunction of computer or network equipment or other reasons. Orthinc may periodically add or update the information and materials on this Website without notice.
- Security. Information sent or received over the Internet is generally unsecure and Orthinc cannot and does not make any representation or warranty concerning security of any communication to or from the Website or any representation or warranty regarding the interception by third parties of personal or other information. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including Your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve: (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and you are responsible for any activities or actions under your password. You agree to keep your password secure. If you create an account on behalf of a corporation or entity, you are responsible for any actions of administrative users you add to your account and you are liable for any payment obligations that they incur for example by selecting specific paid features or services. Log-ins are intended for one user only and are not to be shared by multiple users. Orthinc will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
- Confidentiality. “Confidential Information” means information of a party (“Disclosing Party”) that the other party (“Receiving Party”) receives in connection with the Services, which based on the circumstances under which it was disclosed, a reasonable person would believe to be confidential to the Disclosing Party, including, without limitation, customer information, transactional information and any other non-public content posted, transmitted or accessed through the Services. A Receiving Party shall(i) limit access and use of Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information to those of Receiving Party’s employees and agents that require such access and use in connection with the Services; (ii) not disclose Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information to third parties, unless authorized under this Section of the Terms; (iii) protect the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information as it protects its own Confidential Information, but in any event with not less than a reasonable degree of care; and (iv) not use the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information for any purpose except as required to perform its obligations hereunder or as otherwise specifically permitted hereunder. Nothing in this Section shall prevent a Receiving Party from disclosing Confidential Information to a third party to the extent that such Confidential Information is: (i) previously known to the Receiving Party prior to disclosure by the Disclosing Party, without any obligation of confidentiality; (ii) publicly known or becomes publicly known through no breach of this Agreement by the Receiving Party; (iii) rightfully received from a third party under no confidentiality obligation with respect to the Confidential Information; or (iv)independently developed by the Receiving Party without use of the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information. In addition, Confidential Information may be disclosed to governments and their agencies under lawful order or judicial order In the event that Orthinc receives a request or order to release your Confidential Information, we will notify You promptly (to the extent permitted by law), so that You may seek a protective order to prevent the disclosure of your Confidential Information.
If you have any questions about these Terms of Service or if you wish to make any complaint or claim with respect to the Website, App or Service, please contact us at: email@example.com
Date of Last Update: February 24, 2018